I am a Web Developer looking for employment opportunities as a web developer. My previous employment background includes positions in sales, event management, and community service coordination. I can contribute individually or within a team organizational matrix.
Hampton University - BS Marketing, Hampton, VA
At Hampton, I graduated with honors with a degree in Marketing. I also was a two-sport athlete who competed on the Men's Track and Field and Basketball teams.
Full Stack Developer - LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySql, PHP) Stack
I have learned several languages
- React | React-Native
October 2014 - Present
Built an Item Aggregation tool used to filter product info data for third party applications
- Built the feature that creates files containing product data from our MongoDB and imports the files via Curl Commands to a third party application called Salsify via their API.
- Built feature library on top of monolog to apply mininum log levels to
- Reduced QA Validation testing process from 2 hours to 15 minutes by building an automation feature to improve validation process integrity
Freelance Web Developer
May 2014 - Present
I completed several projects for work application and personal development
- Integrated facebook API reads to deliver current information to website pages | aaulyp.org
- Built an event conference site in less than a week to deliver conference details to future attendees and added api integrations to track sales of tickets purchased | Texas YP Weekend
- Built a wedding site with custom integrations of google maps and email api to deliver RSVP responses | katinaandted.com
Medtronic - Inside Sales Rep
July 2012 - December 2013
Inside Sales Rep responsible for closing sales on our Medical Equipment for diabetic patients. I worked closely with our external field rep to support client opportunities. Position involved verbal and written communication with medical offices for processing new sales of medical devices.
- Responsible for $100,000+ in revenue per month for insulin pump sales
- Achieved monthly sales goals w/over 100% New Patients Conversion Rate
- Achieved individual sales goals established by management
Stanford University - Event Manager
February 2010 - May 2012
Position as an event manager responsible for coordinating gameday activities for all major sporting events. My tasks included setting up of sporting venues and preparation to operate for maximum capacity attendees. I was responsible for resolving gameday issues as they arose. Other responsibilities included special assignments working with the NCAA organization for championship hosted events at Stanford.
- Executes the game day management and operations of Stanford University athletic venue’s for 36 Varsity sports: from baseball- volleyball. Task included: facility set-up, visiting team accomodations, and aftergame clean up.
- Manager of 12 member team to manage and support game day operations for 50,000 capacity football Stadium on Varsity Game days (Ave 40,000 spectators)
- Selected by Golf department to Set-Up and monitor course during NCAA Hosted tournaments
- Selected to supervise a team of 15 employees during the baseball season
- Worked directly with Senior Athletic Director of Championships to coordinate operations for NCAA Sponsored Events
Bellarmine College Preparatory - Community Service Counselor
August 2008 - June 2009
One year position at private high school monitoring the community service projects of students. Proficient in MS Office suite software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access). Duties included monitoring service hours, identifying and assigning volunteer opportunities and reporting student activities to school personnel.
It is a personal commitment to volunteer my time and resources to help those less fortunate when possible.
- Participated in several Missionary Excursions to the Philippines
- Engaged in Outreach Prison Ministry at San Quentin Correctional Facility in San Rafael, CA
- Coached high school basketball teams for several organizations
- Volunteered for several local neighborhood clean up campaigns
- Participated in a weekend immersion examining homeless conditions within the city
- Managed several large donation drives to collect food and clothing